WHAM THEATRE SCHOOLS
SUMMER SCHOOL TERMS & CONDITIONS
By signing this agreement, you accept & understand the following WHAM THEATRE SCHOOLS Short Course Terms & Conditions :
• The term “Short Course” refers to any other paid activity outside of normal class time within standard school term-time.
• For the named student to be photographed / recorded for appearance in videos / pictures / sound recordings for this Summer School Project.
• WHAM Theatre Schools will ensure activities are suitable and appropriate for certain age groups
• WHAM Theatre School Short Courses are subject to minimum attendance. In the event that the school does not recruit enough numbers to run the named course, a full refund will be issued
• Taster Sessions are not valid for short courses
• A teacher may, at any time, ask any student to leave a class if he / she / they are jeopardising the safety or enjoyment of others or their educational experience.
• All WHAM Theatre School members, students, staff and teachers reserve the right to be treated with respect and consideration. WHAM does not tolerate rude, offensive or aggressive remarks or behaviour in any way. All students & parents must be aware of the health and safety rules of the venue and comply with the recommendations at all times.
• All students must be wearing suitable clothing for undertaking physical activity to prevent risk of strain or injury. We reserve the right to prevent a student from taking part in activities in which we feel pose a risk.
• Bullying, harassment, abuse or other inappropriate behaviour by students/parents/ guests is strictly forbidden and will result in expulsion and such other legal remedies as may be available.
• Smoking or the bringing or consumption of alcohol or the use or being under the influence of illegal substances is not permitted anywhere in our near our studios.
• WHAM Theatre Schools operates under a comprehensive guide to safer working practices developed by child protection professionals, this guide can be viewed at www.whamtheatreschools.com
• All WHAM staff undergo enhanced DBS (formally CRB) checks & undertake Safeguarding Training.
• In addition to the above, Short Courses are overseen by a qualified first aider who also conducts regular risk assessments of the working environment
CANCELLATIONS & AMENDMENTS:
1. All requests for cancellations and/or transfers must be received in writing via e-mail to email@example.com – SMS/WhatsApp or Facebook is not a valid method of contact
2. Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received
3. In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date.
4. WHAM Theatre Schools short courses are subject to sufficient numbers booked on the course,and we aim to provide 7 days cancellation notice to all customers who have paid for any of these courses
5. In the event that WHAM Theatre Schools cancel the course in which you've paid for at any time, you will receive a full refund for the course fee.
6. Any activities outsourced by an external contractor, such as West End Workshops, or Masterclass Tutors are treated as Bonus activities, and are not eligible for refunds if said activities do not take place. In the event that the contractor is unable to fulfil their booking with WHAM, we will offer a replacement performing arts class out of goodwill. We reserve the right to change the timetable & use a replacement tutor of a similar standard if required.
7. The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
Calendar days notice before the start date of the course Refund applicable:
• Between 15 and before 29 calendar days (inclusive): 50% refund
• Between 1 and 14 calendar days (inclusive) No refund will be given
• Failure to attend: Treated as late cancellation and no refund given
ARTS AWARD CERTIFICATION:
There will be an extra charge for students wanting to obtain an Arts Award Certificate, which is accredited by Trinity College London. Payment must be received before the start of the Summer School. There will be no refunds for Arts Award Entries.
**WHAM Theatre Schools holds full public liability insurance**
STUDENT PHOTOGRAPHY & MEDIA CONSENT
I give consent for my child ,as a Wham Theatre School Student, to be filmed,recorded (including audio) or photographed anonymously in class/shows for WHAM Theatre Schools’ marketing purposes (Including social media and print). The only times this may not be anonymous is if a child receives a commendation or is recognised for achievements & progression i.e. (Social Media Updates).
Parents/Guardians/Responsible Adults grant WHAM Theatre Schools permission for the above and are responsible for notifying us, in writing, if they wish to revoke this media consent.
If the media release is revoked after media has been used as outlined above, the Parent/Guardian/Responsible Adult may be charged for the cost of it's replacement in WHAM Theatre School's branding / intellectual property.
By not agreeing to this clause, we are unable to provide you with video progression updates by recordings & performances, and your child will be unable to appear in any Films the students may take part in for events, workshops or online screenings. WHAM Theatre Schools upholds the highest safeguarding standards to protect it’s students & customers.